Beautiful Half Of Mirrors Room Inside The Palace of Versailles
Palaces

Beautiful Half Of Mirrors Room Inside The Palace of Versailles

Half Of Mirrors Room Inside The Palace of Versailles – The Hall of Mirrors, the most famous room in the Palace, was built to replace a large terrace designed by the architect Louis Le Vau, which opened onto the garden. The terrace originally stood between the King’s Apartments to the north and the Queen’s to the south, but was awkward and above all exposed to bad weather, and it was not long before the decision was made to demolish it. Le Vau’s successor, Jules Hardouin-Mansart, produced a more suitable design that replaced the terrace with a large gallery. Work started in 1678 and ended in 1684.